In line with the provisions of the rules on the use and protection of personal data, Inpeco SA in its role as data controller (hereinafter “Inpeco”, “Data Controller” or the “Company”), intends to provide users with information on the processing carried out by means of cookies installed on this website (the “Website”). For any information on the processing carried out, it is possible to contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the Controller at the e-mail address indicated below.
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES Cookies are small text strings that websites visited by the user send to the computer and any device used to access the Internet (such as smartphones and tablets), where they are stored and then transmitted to the same sites the next time the same user visits. Cookies can be stored permanently and have a variable duration (so-called persistent cookies) but can also disappear when the browser is closed or have a limited duration (so-called session cookies). Similarly, cookies can be installed by the website you are visiting (so-called first-party cookies), but also by other websites (so-called third-party cookies) and can be used for different purposes, such as performing computer authentication, session monitoring and storage of information regarding the activities of users who access a particular site. Depending on the purpose of use, it is possible to distinguish cookies in the following categories: technical, functional, analytical and targeting cookies.
2. TYPES OF COOKIES: TECHNICAL COOKIES Technical cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the Website, to offer the user smooth navigation without slowing down (e.g. to allow access to restricted areas for the entire time the user is on the Website), as well as to correctly provide the services that the user requires during his navigation. They are therefore tools used to ensure, for example, efficient navigation, session stability, log-in permanence, and preselection of the selected navigation Country. They also serve to remember the choices made by the user regarding the display of certain elements of the page, such as information and communication banners. The use of technical cookies and the performance of processing related to them does not require the user’s consent. The legal basis that allows the processing of the relevant data is the performance of services requested directly by the data subject (Art. 6.1, b) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – “GDPR”).
3. ANALYTICAL COOKIES The Website uses analytics, both first and third party, in respect of which the user is asked to express his consent. Through third-party cookies are collected information on how the Website is used by users (number of visitors, pages visited, dwell time, conversions, etc..). This information is used to improve the functionality of the Website, allowing, for example, to record any errors detected by users and ensure, therefore, smoother and more immediate navigation. Collecting data only in aggregate form, so as not to make users identifiable in any way, these cookies are considered technical cookies. However, if such cookies are implemented in correlation with other features, in particular, targeting (see par. 4), their installation will be subject to the prior consent of the user. Furthermore, we pay your attention to the installation on this website of analytical cookies (e.g. Google Analytics) that could involve the data transfer abroad (in the US). If you agree to the installation of these cookies, click on the switch, you are consenting to this data transfer too.
4. TARGETING COOKIES Targeting cookies are those aimed at acquiring information relating to user behavior while browsing the Website, for advertising and marketing purposes, to allow the detection and prediction of the user’s tastes, interests, preferences and habits. This category may also include cookies belonging to other types, such as analytical cookies, where they are suitable for providing information on the online behavior of users. Consequently, the installation of either type of cookie is subject to the prior consent of the user. Targeting cookies are used by the Controller or third parties, including social networks, to send users more engaging and targeted advertisements, based on the preferences expressed by the latter during their navigation, as well as to create profiles related to their interests. In addition to cookies, on this Website could be installed other tools that allow the collection of information relating to the navigation of users (e.g. pixels or fingerprints). Confirmation of deactivation at the moment of access to the Website, or revocation of consent from the control panel (accessible from par. 5), to the use of one or more targeting cookies (including those installed by social networks), will not interfere in any way with the possibility of accessing or navigating the Website.
5. COOKIE MANAGEMENT When accessing any page of the Website, the user is shown a banner containing brief information regarding the methods of cookie management by the Controller and the choices he/she can make, with the possibility of obtaining further information by consulting this extended information notice. Before continuing with the navigation, the user is invited to read this detailed information and is asked to indicate his preferences regarding the installation of optional cookies on his browser, providing or not his consent to their use. To this end, the user has the possibility of accepting the installation altogether by clicking on the ‘ACCEPT ALL COOKIES’ button or of refusing it by clicking on the ‘REJECT ALL COOKIES’ button inside the banner. Alternatively, you can choose each specific type of cookie to be installed by clicking on the ‘SELECT COOKIES’ button. Please note that the switch to enable or disable optional cookies is set to ‘Disabled’ by default.
6. HOW TO DISABLE COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER Regarding the simplified procedures with which each user can express his or her wish not to have one or more specific types of unnecessary cookies installed, the user may at any time modify his or her consent, if already given, to the installation of individual optional cookies, thanks to the special panel accessible at paragraph 5 of this information notice. However, if you wish, the user can also manage cookies directly through the settings of your browser, according to the procedures indicated in the following links:
However, if you delete cookies in this way, you may remove the preferences you have set for this Website, which is why you should periodically visit this page to review them. Further ways of preventing the installation of cookies on the user’s terminal consist in the possibility of: i) refusing third-party cookies by default by exploiting certain functions of certain browsers; ii) activating the ‘Do Not Track‘ option (automatic interruption of the collection of certain navigation data) available in most of the latest generation browsers; and iii) activating the ‘anonymous navigation’ mode. However, it should be underlined that the deactivation of cookies may complicate navigation or prevent you from moving freely from one page to another, making full use of all the features of the Website.
7. YOUR RIGHTS At any time and without any formality, the user may exercise the rights granted to him by the current legislation on the protection of personal data, by asking the Data Controller:
- access: to obtain confirmation as to whether or not data relating to him are being processed, as well as further clarification of the information referred to in this notice, and to receive such data, within reasonable limits;
- rectification: to obtain the rectification or integration of the data provided or in any case in the possession of the Data Controller, if inaccurate;
- cancellation: so that your data acquired or processed by the Data Controller are cancelled if they are no longer necessary for the purposes outlined above, or if there are no longer any disputes or controversies in existence, or in case of revocation of consent or opposition to processing, or in case of unlawful processing, or finally if there is a legal obligation to cancel;
- Limitation: to obtain a temporary blocking of the processing of your personal data by the Data Controller, when one of the conditions set out in Article 18 of the GDPR applies;
- portability: to receive your data, or have it transmitted to another data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Furthermore, the user may always exercise his or her right to withdraw consent, without this affecting in any way the lawfulness of the processing carried out up to that moment based on the consent initially given. Finally, the user has the right to lodge a complaint at any time with the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data, also using the appropriate form made available by the latter (link).
8. DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTACTS As indicated above, the Data Controller is Inpeco SA, with the registered office in Via Torraccia n. 26, Zip Code 6883, Novazzano (Switzerland). The Company can be contacted at any time to exercise the rights listed above or for any information regarding the processing of data covered by this notice, by mail or at the DPO’s e-mail address: email@example.com.